An educative project by Canis bonus. Using photographs to help owners understand common body postures in dogs like:
- Greeting other dogs
- Reassuringly playful intentions
- Showing utter delight
- A little scared: the subtle signs
- Rolling over in stink
- Lookaway: The dog bending its neck to face in a different direction, despite the fact that he is clearly not looking in that direction
- It is not a snarl, it’s a smile
- Hesitation and unease: the subtle signs
- Tension-relieving shudder
Pictures in this section were not subject to any quality scrutiny. To see my professional work, go to the pet photography page.
If you are interested in studying dog body language at depth, I recommend you start with the following books: Brenda Aloff’s “Canine Body Language” and Turid Rugaas’ “On talking terms with dogs“. The are both reviewed in my book review section.
To find out more about canine body language and behaviour, check out my useful links section.