General Dog Care Information
- Dawg Business – Voted one of the best dog blogs around
- Dog Training San Diego – Well-researched and readable care advice from food to house-breaking
- Dogster – Thorough information and forum over a wide range of dog-related subjects, including nutrition, training, etc.
- Leah Robert – Great articles in layman’s terms about do’s and don’ts of dog ownership, and how to tackle common issues
- Dolittler/Dogtime – Fact-based blog entries about everything dog related by a veterinary surgeon
- Will my dog hate me – Blog about everyday care issues by published author Edie Jarolim
- Treetops pet first aid video course and qualification Includes checking vital signs, Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation, Heimlich manoeuvre, etc. Please not that this course is not free, and nine hours long.
- How to give first aid kit to an electrocuted dog (e-How tutorial)
As defined by the Treetops first aid course, poison is “Any liquid/solid/gas that is harmful when introduced to the body”. The links below give you more information about the types of substances that can be poisonous to dogs.
- How to detect and treat chocolate treat poisoning in dogs (e-How tutorial)
- Bad ingredients: Very exhaustive list of every ingredient to avoid giving your dog, and detailed reasons why
- Blue algae (in Dutch): Article about cyanobacteria (blue-green algae) and its effects
- Harmful pet treats – Everyday food that might harm your pet, and why
- Poison: ASPCA Poison Control Center, with really complete information about specific poisonous substances and their effect on your dog.
Safe chews – Article by Leah Roberts
Delivering puppies: Video showing signs that the bitch is about to deliver
Signs of pregnancy and care for pregnant bitches:
Caring for newborn puppies:
Allergies to pets
Choosing a low-allergy dog: