Rules in Rijswijk
As extracted from the Rijswijk municipality website, April 2010.
- dogs must be on the leash in the whole of Rijswijk except in areas sign-posted as ‘losloopgebieden’;
- dogs are not allowed on children’s playgrounds, even on the leash;
- dogs are not allowed in sandboxes, even on the leash;
- dogs are not allowed in barbecue, even on the leash;
- dogs must always have a collar or harness;
- dogs’ waste must always be directly cleaned up; and
- the handler must always have the means to clean up the dog’s waste on him/her (poop scoop or bag).
The above rules do not count for service dogs helping a disabled handler/owner.
Fines for non-compliance
- presence in non-authorised area: 75 euros;
- failure to clean up waste: 50 euros;
- walking without leash where not allowed: 50 euros; and
- no collar: 50 euros.
The map uitlaatkaart rijswijk shows you where you are allowed to walk your dog offleash in Rijswijk.