Make an in-home dog training appointment for Den Haag or Leischendam, Rijswijk, Delft, the Westland, or vicinity.
Sessions are in Nederlands, English, or Français.
Dog Behaviour Modification For Den Haag
If your dog’s behaviour is embarrassing, worrying, or worse, chance is you need a bit of help. With Canis bonus, you can rely on:
- Supportive: I am not be a ‘paper therapist’ who writes the recommendations then disappears. I will stay with you until you no longer need me.
- Effective: I run an evidence-based practice following a transparent, rational, educated, modern approach to animal behaviour.
- Certified: I am a trained zoologist, certified dog training instructor, and have a postgraduate in applied animal behaviour (credentials).
- Experienced: I have been a behaviour therapist since 2009 and have a wide array of humane techniques under my belt. I am also head trainer at OhMyDog!
- Congenial: Nagging and judging doesn’t work for dogs or people: we train together in a positive atmosphere without force or intimidation.
You can find out more about my services including fees and the process on my dog training page.
A dog trainer in Den Haag: bio
I live on the suburbs of Den Haag with my husband, son and elderly dog. Want to know about the mysterious-sounding name? How an IT project manager ends up working with animals? Read on.
Growing up multinational, studying zoology, following the masses: I partly grew up in French-speaking Belgium, partly in the UK. After graduating in Zoology from the University of Newcastle, everyone told me “You can’t make a living working with animals.” So I started a career in IT. I moved to the Netherlands for my job in my late twenties.
Specializing in dogs, leaving IT, starting dog training school: But even after years in IT, the dogs kept calling so I cut down on my hours to get my specializations in dog ethology, dog training and then applied animal behaviour. I got my first client in 2009 and word of mouth did the rest. I could sever the last link to IT in 2011 and go for my dream fully. In 2012, I co-founded the evidence-based dog training school OhMyDog! in Den Haag, together with ethologist Nicolle Bisschoff.
Next step: PhD please? I am now courting dog cognition research positions I could combine with my behaviour practice. If you know anyone looking for a rigorous, cognition-obsessed, university-trained zoologist for a research project, please get in touch.
Read this with a French accent for extra effect.
- Clouseau: Does your dog bite?
- Hotel Clerk: No.
- Clouseau: [bowing down to pet the dog] Nice doggie.
- [Dog barks and bites Clouseau in the hand]
- Clouseau: I thought you said your dog did not bite!
- Hotel Clerk: That is not my dog.
If you prefer the phone, please leave me your phone number by mail so I can get back to you. I prefer to give you my full attention when we talk, rather than talking between two consults.
In the social media
Follow me in the social media to read gems about dog behaviour and training, to get a fly-on-the-wall view of my life as a dog trainer and find out about my latest articles or book reviews.
Navigating the website
My website is divided into different sections:
- Home page – Certified trainer: That’s the page you’re on. If you hover above this tab, you’ll find the following subsections:
- Dog training – Book a training or therapy appointment: Find out how to make an appointment, how the training sessions work, and the behaviour therapy and training prices.
- Dog photography – Pet photographer in The Hague: Over the years, I have upgraded my techniques and equipment and am now also delivering pet photography services to capture your pet’s memorable moments.
- Dog body language – Capturing body language in dogs: On-going project to capture canine communication and emotion behind the lens.
- Breed Identification Project - Citizen breed photography project: I collect your shots of difficult to distinguish breeds from every angle and with every possible coat variety.
- Dog writer – Dog-related writing services: I sell my services as a ghost writer, guest writer, and copy editor for dog-specialized books, marketing material, websites and magazines.
- Book reviews – Dog training and behaviour book reviews: Exhaustive reviews about relevant books in dog training and behaviour therapy, but also psychology, neuroscience, client compliance, animal welfare, scientific method and much more. All the books that have helped me do the best therapy job I can for you over the years.
- Hot Dogs – Survey about controversial dog-related issues: Have your say and join the debate on Canis bonus.
- Green Secrets – Dog-friendly walks around The Hague: I have documented every walk I’ve made with my dog in Den Haag and region, so you know where the dog-friendly ones are: whether you can walk offleash, whether it’s pretty, whether it’s clean, whether there are bins, how good the parking amenities are, etc.
- Canis blogus – Dog behaviour tips and science blog: My popular blog about dog behaviour. This is my platform to share training and behaviour modification techniques, my own case studies, talk dog science, announce book reviews and hold interview with interesting dog professionals.
- Contact me – Get in touch: You can get in touch about anything under the sun. I swear I don’t bite (excuse the pun).
Looking for an article on the blog? Type a keyword in the search bar (top right), or browse the site map.